Friday, November 15, 2013

Day 15 - Horse? What Horse?

Still haven't written anymore.  I'd say I was derailed last night by having to replace a door knob and unable to focus on much else besides Doctor Who after watching The Night of the Doctor but I'd be lying.  I just was not in the mood to work on what I've started.

I was talking it over with a friend and said that I think my problem with writing (and sometimes reading) fantasy is that I'm a pretty analytical person and a lot of fantasy requires suspension of disbelief and/or ignoring logical flaws.  For example, if Gandalf had a deal with the giant eagles, why was it necessary for the Hobbits to walk all the way to Mount Doom and throw the ring in when they could have flown?

So, I'm going to finish the opening episode of Steelgrave and then get back to writing crime.  I reread the Banker's Bride fragment I had on my computer yesterday and actually felt excited about getting back on it.  Also, I had some ideas I want to work into the next draft of Between Hell and a Hard Place.  I'm going to work in another suspect.

In other news, Mystic River was great and now I have to see the movie.  Until my last remaining unread Pelecanos book arrives, I'm reading The Insect Cookbook, a Netgalley find that I'm pretty excited about.  I may have to cook up a recipe and blog about it at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment