Thursday, June 21, 2012

On the 21st day of Camp, I give to thee...

... an excerpt!:

The coffee tasted like the bottom of a construction worker's boots but the caffeine got the gears inside my head turning at full speed. If Dobson wasn't behind the break in at my loft, who was? Had I unknowingly stepped on a yellowjacket nest in my investigation into Amber Brissette's disappearance? Or was it a simply a burglar who knew a laptop would be easy to trace back to me?



Wheels within wheels turned within my brain. I felt like I was on the verge of achieving something like Nirvana when the waitress plopped the Slinger down in front of me, preventing me from attaining enlightenment. I stirred the melange of potatoes, eggs, sausage, and chili and shoved a forkful in my mouth. It wasn't Nirvana but it was very close.

2 comments:

  1. I love this excerpt! Great description of the coffee tasting like the bottom of a boot. Awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I was drinking the awful coffee from the machines at work when I wrote that.

    ReplyDelete