Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Camp NaNoWriMo - Day 12

Camp NaNoWriMo continues to advance like a freight train, waiting for no man.  I got in some solid writing time last night and I'm making good progress.  While the story isn't coming as smoothly as Bullets Don't Blink did, the writing is measurably better.  Must be the Chandler influence.

While I'm still way behind the official count, I'll still hit 50k by the end of the month if I write 2333 words per day.  Since I normally write 3-5k per day when things are working, I'm not very concerned about being behind.  I'm planning on hitting 10k tonight and I'd like to hit 25k before I come back to work on Monday.  We'll see how it goes.

Even though I have no right to think about the next book while the current one is still in the womb, August's novel is probably going to be a fun pulp fantasy story.  November's will likely be another crime book.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, this month I'm writing basically the bare minimum of words each day. It's way more relaxing than what I have done in other WriMo months :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could do it like that but I need to go all in or not at all.

    ReplyDelete