Thursday, June 21, 2012

Camp NaNoWriMo - Day 21

It happened again.  Somehow one of my chapters on my flash drive got corrupted.  I'm only missing 20 words amidst the gobbledygook but I worked hard for those 20 words, damn it!  Maybe I should use Google documents to make my documents portable.  Or I guess I could stop bringing them to work with me.  I'm hoping the Chapter 8 document I have at home is okay.

In better news, I finally passed 25k last night.  I meant to make it a two chapter night but the hour long phone call I got from my brother while he was stuck in traffic really cut into my writing time.  The story is moving right along.  Whitlock only has three more girls to talk to and Mantis should be back in town in a few days.  I'll probably save his return for when Whitlock really needs him.  I'm also thinking Whitlock needs to talk to Miriam Brissette again pretty soon.  Still not sure how his relationship with his ex is going to go.

One thing I'm going to have to do is re-read what I've written so far and make some kind of calendar so I can figure out what day it is.  That's what I get for having Whitlock's brother inviting him over for a BBQ on the weekend, I guess.

Later:
Okay, it's more like 200 words that I lost.  Good thing it's just a conversation with the tow truck driver I'll have to reconstruct and not something really important.

No comments:

Post a Comment