I was moving my Salvador Dali print when something went wrong and I needed to rework the wire and the hangers on the back. Even though I didn't want anything to do with it, I had to dig into the junk drawer.
Junk drawer. Everyone has at least one, the haven of things not of obvious use but too precious to be thrown away. I started rummaging around, only coming up for air an hour later. I did not find the picture hanging wire I was looking for. I did, however, find the following items.
- miscellaneous screws
- a pin for the deck of my lawn mower
- eleven pairs of sunglasses, two of which were still useable
- two christmas gift wallets, neither used
- six pocket knives
- five tubes of chapstick, most barely used
- books of matches from assorted bars
- three small notepads
- a brand new nail clippers
I threw away about half the conents of the junk drawer. Now I can get back to accumulating small bits and baubles.
FYI, I used some strong fishing line to temporarily secure the Dali. I'll get some wire after I get some pictures suitable for hanging above my TV.