Friday, January 22, 2016

The Twitch

My eye has been twitching on and off for the past couple months.  I've identified the cause as work stress.  It's hard not to get into a rut after working with the same people for fourteen years.  The sense of achievement is not nearly as frequent as it once was and the avalanche of shit seems to be never-ending some days.  Since I no longer derive a sense of accomplishment from work, I figure it's high time I start writing more.

Most of the articles I've read on burnout and job-related stress sound exactly like what I'm going through.  Since most of them mention turning off your devices and finding some way to get out of your head, I guess that's what I'll do.

2 comments:

  1. for a moment, I thought I wrote this post :-) My eye has been twitching, too, but for different reasons. Perhaps I should try to write again, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't see this until just now. I haven't done any writing just yet but a couple days ago I cut my caffeine intake down to two cups of coffee a day instead of the pot I used to drink and I feel a lot better already.

      Delete