Tuesday, March 5, 2013

March already?

One of these days, I'll write another blog post that isn't bullet points:

  1. My lovely girlfriend is out of town this weekend visiting relatives so I'll be giving Between Hell and a Hard Place a much needed round of editing.
  2. Camp NaNoWriMo part 1 starts April 1st.  I still have no idea what I'm writing.
  3. I read this article about Michael Moorcock writing a lot of his early books in 3-10 days using a specific formula.  His prep works sounds a lot like my NaNoWriMo preparations.  I'm toying with trying the method to write a pulp fantasy novel at some point.
  4. I'm thinking I need to read a few westerns in order to read outside my comfort zone.  While I've read a number of weird westerns, I don't think I've read more than a couple straight westerns.
  5. I'm reading my first Joe Abercrombie novel and enjoying it quite a bit.  People always mention how gritty they are and how the characters don't fall into the standard good or evil mold.  What people never mention is all the dry humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment