Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Daniel Goes to Camp!


Sorry, couldn't resist the Ernest Goes to Camp image.

Camp NaNoWriMo is being held in June and August this year and I'm planning on attempting both, as well as the grand daddy of them all, NaNoWriMo 2012 in November.  I had a good experience during the July camp last year but was beyond drained for the August Camp and didn't manage to finish.  Since I'll have a month off in between this year, I think this will be the year of three novels.

"Great," you say.  "We already know all that.  What are you going to write about?"

Well, I'll tell you, Blanche.  I don't really know quite yet.  Here are the ideas I'm kicking around:
  1. as of yet untitled detective novel - this would be my first attempt at writing first person noir ala Raymond Chandler.  I do have the bare bones of a plot but nothing else
  2. The Kickoff (or The Gravedigger's Gamble) - sequel to Bullets Don't Blink where Garvin agrees to one last heist in order to pay off a debt and deals with the repercussions of the previous book.  I've got a pretty good idea of how this one is going to go and even have a few pages of notes.
  3. The Branchrunner - A fantasy story structured like one of Richard Stark's Parker novels.  A lot of the background comes from what I'd worked out for The Big Red Ragnarok, the project I was going to do last NaNoWriMo before I chucked it in favor of Bullets Don't Blink, as well as the abandoned 80k NaNo 2010 novel fragment, Wandering the Web of Worlds.  I have some character names and the recycled material from BRR but it's still pretty light on plot.
That's all I have so far.  While I think The Kickoff would be the easiest to do, I'm leaning toward 1 or 3.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty good plan to me!! I am thinking of doing just June Camp NaNoWriMo to write the sequel for that book that I will be finishing next month. And I'll do the big one in November. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yowza!!! it shall be a big year for you!

    I have one idea for NaNo, not sure I can stretch to 3 novels. Not sure I want to. haha

    We'll see I guess... I will probably attempt BuNoWriMo this year though, again (it's in June too, so I guess it'd be the same as attempting one of the Camp NaNos).

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of those sound excellent. I still need to finish the copy of Bullet's Don't Blink that you gave me several months ago!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I love Nano, but I don't think I love it that much. I tagged you for the Lucky 7 Meme: http://teralynpilgrim.blogspot.com/2012/04/game-of-sevens.html

    ReplyDelete