Friday, September 30, 2011

Fabulous Fall Friday

Remember how much I enjoyed The Oriental Buffet, the little Chinese restaurant next to the used bookstore?  Apparently I lost my ability to taste salt at some point in the past and have since regained it.  It was like eating a salt block.

Fabulous may be stretching it a bit but it's still a beautiful day to be off.  I just got home from a trip to the used bookstore.  I traded John a box of Russian Stout mix for his beer kit for some noir and horror books.  I'd say it was win-win.  Other than that, the morning has been fairly uneventful.  I listened to some music and watched an episode of Deadwood.  Not a lot was accomplished other than drinking half a pot of coffee and taking Belle on a two mile walk.

Last night, I burned the 10 o'clock oil and finished Steppenwolf.  It was a great book but I'm not sure if I like it or not, if that makes sense.  There were a lot of concepts I may borrow for future writing endeavors.

The dog beckons.  I'm hoping to get some pictures to finish out the month in a colorful fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment