Thursday, June 9, 2011

Jive Turkey

So for the past week and a half, Belle wants to go for walks before I leave for work, when it's still dark outside.  I was thinking it was because she wasn't getting her fill of surveying her territory in the 100 degree heat. 

Wrong!  As I was walking her up the road and getting progressively late for work, clues started lining up like Tetris blocks.
  1. the mysterious large white splotches I kept seeing the in grass
  2. numerous cicada wings lying around and much fewer live ones
  3. several turkey feathers in the yard over the past week or so
Conclusion:  A turkey has been visiting my yard in the early morning hours and snacking on cicadas.  That would explain the above three things and why Belle is all sniffy and pully in the morning. 

I'm not sure how I can test this hypothesis as I'm reasonably sure that it's both illegal to trap a turkey and a turkey wouldn't fit in my live trap leftover from the squirrel in my basement incident of last year.

On an unrelated topic, I've had Heart Like a Lion by Pressure Point in my head since my Give 'Em the Boot entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment