Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fursday. Almost the weekend...

Just about dinner time.  I'm planning on cooking up a package of breakfast steaks and making steak and horseradish sammiches with a baked potato on the side.  Should be tasty.

The company picnic is tomorrow at noon.  I am unexcited for the following reasons:
  • Forced socialization outside of work
  • Although we normally get to wear jeans on Friday, there's a site visit this Friday so we'll have to bring a change of clothes unless we want to frolic in our khakis.
  • There's like an 80% chance of rain, which means we'll have to huddle beneath pavillions
  • While we'll probably get to leave a bit early, the picnic is ten minutes in the wrong direction
Maybe I can bring a book along...

In other news, I ordered the new Southern Culture on the Skids CD but I'm not sure if it actually went through.  I was never emailed a confirmation and I didn't save the receipt thinking that I'd be emailed a copy.  We'll see what happens.

I'm going to try to not buy any more books until after National Novel Writing Month.  I'm slowly getting the unread pile down to a manageable level, reading things that I've had for a long time but haven't felt like ditching in the various purges.  Sadly, I'll have to read The Host before the month is over...

No comments:

Post a Comment