I originally took today off because I'd intended to see the Toasters last night. Then the winter weather hit. I've actually accomplished a fair amount of things today.
- went to the bank
- acquired new hiking boots and sandals
- walked two miles with my dog
- bought supplies for beef fajita soup to make in the crock tomorrow while I'm at work
- acquired a phone that uses 21st century technology and can text.
- Bought a beer called Snow Day since I was taking a snow day
And now, the eleven questions Hildred put to me:
- What is the single most annoying trope that makes you want to claw your eyes out? - I hate how every thriller has the forced hookup in it. In some of them, it's fairly obvious the nuclear scientist is a woman specifically so the burned out cop will have someone to hook up with.
- If you could alter history and claim credit for any book ever written, what would it be? - Either the Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler or Code of the Woosters by P.G. Wodehouse. Both are fantastic books and each has had a lasting impact on me.
- How many kids were in your HS graduating class? (or are in your class right now, if you're still in school) - 47. It was a Catholic high school
- If you were guaranteed massive success either way, would you rather traditionally publish or self-publish? - If it was guaranteed either way, I'd go with self-published. Why split up the pie if I don't have to?
- What's the most you've ever paid for an article of clothing...for yourself? - I may have paid more for something since but I have a feeling the $75 pair of Beatle boots I bought in 2006 was the big one. I wore those things until they had a hole in the bottom and wish I had bought a couple more pair at the same time.
- Singer, Model, or Actress - who you gonna be? - Singer. Remind me to bust out some Johnny Cash or Elvis tunes if the occasion arises.
- Chef, Driver, or Maid - who you gonna hire? Maid. I hate cleaning. Plus, she can wear a French maid's outfit if she wants.
- Bath or shower? Shower. Why would I want to sit in my own filth?
- You're scheduling for a delivery to your house during normal business hours. What time do you request, and why? - I'd go with 9-10. That way I've already had my coffee but haven't mustered enough energy to get cabin fever yet.
- Could you survive a whole year or more in a traditional Japanese apartment? (for the record, the one in the video is 10x nicer than mine, although mine is technically larger. Yay.) Yes. As long as I have a place to read, I'm good.
- Favorite Pokemon. And you can't cop out with "i dunno pokemon" because here's a link, pick the cutest one! Squirtle. Just try not saying his name and smiling. Squirtle.