Thursday, February 2, 2012

Poptarts and False Starts

First off, I haven't eaten a poptart in years.  It's the only thing I could think of that rhymed with false start.

I busted out 400 words yesterday morning, only to realize my starting point of Corpse Cruise wasn't doing it for me.  I spent most of the rest of the day throwing ideas around until I figured out how I really wanted to start it.  Instead of revealing the source of the plague early on, I'm now going to reveal it in an investigation as the head of security aboard the cruise ship tries to figure out what's going on.

Writing progress is zero so far, I guess.  My grandma's 80th birthday was yesterday and the whole family met at a buffet in Ste. Genevieve.  It was after eight when I got home so I didn't feel like trying to get started only to have to go to bed a little while later.

Good thing I only officially committed to 30,000 words this month.

2 comments:

  1. Beginnings are hard--there are so many elements that have to be considered and included (or excluded, as it may be).

    Good luck with your writing goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm feeling much better about things today.

    ReplyDelete