Tuesday, November 22, 2011

NaNoWriMo - Day 22 - Stop reading so fast!

So last night, my friend that always gets to read my NaNoWriMo novel first, usually while it's in progress, emailed me, hinting that she needed something to read.  I sent Bullets Don't Blink to her last night and went about my business, reading and thinking about writing.

This morning, I get into work to find her 25% done already!  It probably took me five or six days to write what she read in an evening.  Not fair, if you ask me.  She's enjoying it, though.  That's good.  I think having a picture on her desk of one of the real life locations depicted in the novel has boosted her enthusiasm.  I told her to make it last but I have a feeling she'll be done when we come back from the Thanksgiving holidays.

In other news, I was reading through Sweating Bullets, my July Camp NaNoWriMo novel last night.  While I like big parts of it, I'm thinking about using the overall plot and the nuns with chainsaws and combining them with some older things of mine that I also only like parts of.  I will have to think about this for a bit more before I commit.

3 comments:

  1. That's what I need to do next... editing my Camp NaNoWriMo story and see if I can save parts of it.

    It is kinda unfair that someone can read something in a few hours that took us days to write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If she's reading it that quickly it must be pretty decent!

    I have way too many projects to edit...way too little time. Only one of them is anywhere near to being 'finished' with edits, and that's even before I've had any beta comments back.

    ReplyDelete