Friday, October 1, 2010

Still Slackin'

The Slackers show at The Firebird is fast approaching.  I even dreamt about it last night.  It started off good until Dave Hillyard got out the tape players for the other musicians, an incident reminiscent of that episode of Flight of the Conchords where Brett missed a show and Jemaine played with a recording of Brett.  I'm taking the Monday after the show off since I'm getting too old to get home at 1 and get back up at 4:30 to go to work.

I've come to the conclusion that I need to take better notes, particularly when it comes to stories I'm formulating.  For instance, poor Fenlock is going to have a centipede crawl into his ear.  The centipede will function like the Babelfish in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, only with gruesome side effects.  I had a clever name for this creature several days ago.  As of yesterday, I have no idea what it was.  I swore I wrote it down someplace but I can't seem to find that particular morsel.  Damn it.  Was it cypherpede?  I know it had -pede on the end.  I guess I have 31 days to remember...

No comments:

Post a Comment