Wednesday, October 20, 2010

10/20/10

As I was walking Belle last night, the phrase Sorceror Monks of Kadahk popped into my head.  I pondered the meaning and figured out another supporting character aboard the Silver Scarab.  Jochi, one of the  Soceror Monks of Kadahk, only accepted Tiamar's offer to be part of the crew so he could keep an eye on one of the other magicians, Kashgar Jong.  Kashgar is one of the foremost magicians of the Diamond Khanate, an empire that controls a third of Ur and has designs on the rest.  Kadahk is a tiny mountain country surrounded by the Khanate on all sides but has remained unconquered for two hundred years.  Tensions will run high between the two, each suspecting the other of sabotaging the mission or being a spy for some unknown agency. 
 
I'm toying with changing the name of my novel.  While I like Wandering the Web of Worlds, I also like these titles:
  • Flight of the Silver Scarab
  • Into the Great Black Beyond
Note to self:  I still need to compile my "Oh shit!" list of emergency items. 

In news only tangently related to NaNoWriMo, there was an iRobot Scooba on Woot this morning.  I now have a floor-scrubbing robot in addition to the apple of my eye, my Roomba Gerald.  Let's hope the Scooba arrives before NaNoWriMo so I have time to play with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment