Monday, July 23, 2012

So Much for That Weekend

One of goals for the weekend was to nail down an idea for the August session of Camp NaNoWriMo.  Here's what I did instead:
  1. Went to a dinner party on Friday.  Thought maybe I'd take a stab at writing a super hero novel.  Got home in the wee hours of Saturday morning.
  2. Went to a going away party for a cousin on Saturday.  Too busy gorging myself to think about writing, though the super hero novel idea was still stuck in my head.  Got home shortly before midnight.
  3. Tired from all the socialization and staying out much later than usual, I slept late, read and reviewed six graphic novels, took a nap, and went to bed at my normal time.  Not completely sold on the super hero novel idea.
To recap, I now have eight days left until kickoff and have next to nothing to work with.  Maybe after I get home I'll dig into the post-it drawer of mystery and dig around tonight for inspiration.

In reading news, the series of Gotham Central graphic novels are the alligator's Adam's apple as far as I'm concerned.  What's not to love about a bunch of Gotham City detectives that both resent and respect Batman while solving crimes?

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, so good. I'm still waiting on Volume 4 to come in at my local library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished yesterday. Now there's a Gotham Central-shaped void in my heart.

    ReplyDelete