Saturday, July 31, 2010

Best. Steak. Ever!

I braved the deluge yesterday to meet Carrie's family in Farmington in what proved to be a treacherous journey. There was so much water on the road in Weingarten that I hydroplaned a bit and almost ended up in ongoing traffic. Luckily I have nerves of steel. It was still almost brown trousers time though. I arrived in Farmington right on schedule and it was sunny and the ground was barely wet.

We embarked for Fredricktown and the fabled Olympic Steakhouse. The trip was uneventful other than talk of current events, such as the alligator caught in the Joachim Creek in DeSoto. We arrived at the Olympic Steakhouse to find it wasn't all that crowded.

I ordered the 12 oz. Ribeye. It was the best steak I've ever consumed, sprinkled with garlic pepper and just the right amount of juciness. I devoured it in near record time, along with a good sized baked potato. Braving the rainstorm was completely worth it.

What else is going on? I'm still playing with the new lens but I'm having difficulty finding appropriate subjects due to the weather. I took a picture of a Velvet Ant the other day but it's a little blurry. I had no idea the Velvet Ant was actually a kind of wingless female wasp.

No huge plans for today. I'll take Belle out for some exercise later and maybe take some pictures over at the parents'. I have no idea whether they're back from vacation or not. I keep cracking the Top 50 reviewers of the year on Goodreads but I really would like to get into the Top 50 of All Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment