Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday Afternoon

The big Magellan trivia extravaganza was last night and we got into the money portion of the winners for the first time. We were in first for 7 or 8 of the 10 rounds and wound up in third, four points behind the two teams that tied for first. It was that damn St. Louis sports trivia that got us. Still, we made our money back and absconded with the first place trophy, a large jar of smarties. If I ever form a team of traveling trivia hustlers, I'll have to make sure one is a sports nut, even though I normally take great pains to avoid such people.

I took Belle on another really long walk in the woods yesterday. I found a few arrowhead fragments but no fossils worth mentioning. One of these days I'll have to post some pictures of the fossils I've found that have been too large to lug back to the house.

In other news, I enjoyed Shaft's Big Score more than I did the original. Except for the soundtrack, of course.

2 comments:

  1. I (or rather we women) once won a men vs women game of trivial pursuit because the women knew more about hockey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not all that surprising. I find that women are generally better at trivia since they're more detail-oriented for the most part.

    ReplyDelete