Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Why have you forsaken me?

In a quest not to be so stressed out and irritable, I did some research and found plenty of evidence that too much caffeine increases stress and irritability.  Since I drink a pot of coffee a day, I decided to cut back to one (largish) cup on the way to work.

I'm currently on day 2 and feel a lot better.  I suspect it'll be a few days before I see massive changes but I think I'm on the right track with this.  My eye twitch is almost completely gone and I don't feel like unsheathing my adamantium claws whenever someone talks to me at my desk.

A friend of mine told me he had to cut way back on caffeine for similar reasons around the time he turned forty.  I've got less than a year and a half until then so it seems the time is right.

I want to get back into writing, though.  I dropped down to #10 on the all time Goodreads list over the weekend and it occurs to me that it would be good to get something out there before I fade away.

No comments:

Post a Comment