Friday, January 17, 2014

A blog post with actual words in it


Writing stuff:
  1. I'm working on a novella.  I am pleased with the progress I've made in the last couple of hours.
  2. For some reason, I don't look upon self-publishing novellas and short stories on the Kindle with as much disdain as I do novels.  By that, I mean self-publishing my own stuff.  Other people can and do self-publish worthwhile things on the Kindle all the time.
  3. An idea I've been kicking around with another writer/reviewer is a series of 10-12 linked novellas, published as a serial novel on the Kindle.  Then, we'd do a paper copy of the entire series/season, as it were, possibly doing a Kickstarter to raise money for kick ass artwork.
In non-writing news, Brittany and I had this exchange the other day:
B: Why does that weird old lady part her jeep by the side of the street and sit in it.
D: She told me she patrols the neighborhood two or three times a day to make sure nothing bad is happening.
B: Wow, I didn't know our neighborhood was that dangerous.
D: The hasn't been a robbery in 25 years so we should thank her.
B: Glad she risks her life like that.
D: It's the criminals that are risking their lives when they step on her turf.

No comments:

Post a Comment