Friday, February 15, 2013

A Thought About Author Behavior

Since the dawn of time, debate has raged on Goodreads about appropriate author behavior.  I read this blog entry that sums up my thoughts pretty well.

However, there's a flame war going on in the feedback group centering on an author who seems to think people who aren't authors shouldn't criticize author behavior.  Allow me to retort.

Saying people who aren't authors shouldn't criticize author behavior is like saying I can't complain if I find a pubic hair in my chile colorado at my favorite Mexican restaurant because I've never made it at home!  Furthermore, no good can ever come from an author coming down from his holy author mountain to put a reader in his place.

That's all I have to say about that.

2 comments:

  1. Good sir, I look forward to the day in which we shall partake in the biggest author hissy fit ever. I'm sure we could make it about AoIaF somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably when I camp out on George R.R. Martin's lawn and harass him about the sixth book.

    ReplyDelete