Sunday, March 28, 2010

What the hell was that noise?

This morning I was taking Belle on her second walk when there was a loud boom, so loud that I did a sort of half crouch. It was louder than thunder and sounded like some kind of explosion. I didn't see any smoke but it sounded really close. I could hear at least four different dogs barking. Belle didn't react. I assumed it was some kind of meth lab explosion but the lack of smoke or visible damage to any of the houses in the neighborhood led me to think it was at Brickeys or Holcim. My subsequent investigation on our third walk yielded no findings since no one was outside to talk to me.

I read the third and fourth Matthew Scudder books today. That's what rainy Sundays are for. Now I'm spinning my reading wheels until Eight Million Ways to Die shows up at the bookstore. Fortunately I have plenty to read until it shows. Still, I hope it's soon.

Carrie's finally getting over the flu that hit her Friday afternoon. It feels like a long time since I've seen her even though it was last Tuesday.

I'm hoping to get an outline ready for my Gravedigger story in the next day or so. I've got big ideas but I don't know if I have enough to make it go 70,000 plus words.

No comments:

Post a Comment